Frequently Asked Questions
- How does it help my business?
- CARFAX Service History Check makes it easier for your Service Advisors and Shop Technicians
to recommend service to your customers by providing information about previously performed
- How does it work?
- Enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or License Plate for any vehicle to see service
history reported to CARFAX.
- Can I see service performed at other shops?
- Yes. Your shop can see vehicle service performed at any CARFAX Service Network facility.
the shop name and address is never displayed.
- How big is the CARFAX Service Network?
- Over 23,000 third-party service locations belong to the CARFAX Service Network.
- Is CARFAX Service History Check the same as a CARFAX Vehicle History Report?
- No. CARFAX Service History Check provides shops with service information reported to CARFAX.
In addition to service, CARFAX Vehicle History Reports can also include other types of vehicle
history information such as:
Damage, Repairs, Mileage, Number of Owners, Title History and more.
- Why am I getting an error message when I enter a License Plate?
- When the Department of Motor Vehicles transfers license plates to other vehicles, sometimes it
time for the
system to update and match the VIN with the new plate. You can always run a CARFAX Service
Check using the VIN.
- How can I access CARFAX Service History Check?
- Currently, CARFAX Service History Check is available via an Internet website. CARFAX is working
SMS and DMS partners to integrate CARFAX Service History Check in your shop systems.
- How do I update service information on CARFAX Reports?
- If you, or a customer, believe that service information on a CARFAX Report needs to be updated,
Data Research Team is here to help! Please see below for instructions.
Questions? For more information about your myCARFAX membership, email us at
or call 800-964-5872.